TRT - TELEVISION
TRT 1 (Family Channel)
- The mission of TRT-1 is to enhance people’s lives in Turkey
through programs that inform, educate and entertain, all in one, as a
wholesome endeavor. TRT-1, as a public broadcaster, targets a variety of
audiences among which family has the priority, followed by a general public
with a set of diverse attributes including age, occupation, education and
status. TRT-1 aims in broadcasting to reinforce people’s sense of national
unity and integrity as well as providing news and music for them.
- TRT-1 broadcasts in a large spectrum of programs ranging from news, music,
entertainment, drama, sports to education and arts along with commercial
- TRT-1 centre of broadcasting is The Ankara Television.
TRT-2 (News, Arts & Culture)
- TRT-2 aims to promote quality programming especially in the
fields of culture and the arts, informing its audiences of authentic Turkish
culture and arts as well as of contemporary world of arts and art trends. The
Channel embraces the task of specifying the place of Turkish culture and arts
within the broader universe of world culture and arts. It also has the task of
contributing to the upbringing of the youth and children through helping them
internalize the universal set of values in harmony with the values interwoven
in the traditional Turkish culture and arts.
- TRT-2 programs include education, culture (documentaries, arts and culture
programs and debates), news (daily agenda, economics, arts and culture, news
programs), sports, music (all kinds and tunes), drama (drama series, modern
adaptations, select works from Turkish and World cinema, cartoons and series
- TRT-2 centre of broadcasting is The Ankara Television.
- TRT-3 is particularly is designed to provide broad covering of sports
activities and events.
- TRT-3’s transmissions are realized through a time-share with TRT-GAP and
Turkish Grand National Assembly TV. TRT-3’s programs mainly consist of sports,
education, culture, music and news. Advertisements are allowed in the channel.
Besides, TRT-3 broadcasts programs in vernaculars and dialects still practiced
today in daily lives of Turkish people.
- TRT-3 centre of broadcasting is The Ankara Television.
- TRT-4 aims to help student’s education through broadcasting the Open
University courses along with non-formal education programs. The channel also
meets the need for music programs.
- TRT-4’s audience targets are students of secondary and higher education
and most of the programs comprise of the Open University courses and
non-formal education transmissions directed to that audience. The remaining
tiny half of the broadcasting flow is filled with entertainment, music and
culture programs with commercials.
- TRT-4 centre of broadcasting is The Ankara Television.
TRT-G.A.P (The South-eastern Anatolia Project)
- TRT-GAP has been established to enhance the recognition of
The South-eastern Anatolia Project, abbreviated as GAP, on a rational ground
which serves forming the necessary social, cultural and psychological
environment in the region. Within this context, the Channel aims to meet the
demands of those living in the East and Southeast Anatolia as well as inform
them about the contributions resulting from the Project (GAP) to the region
and the country at large.
- TRT-GAP’s programs are especially produced by paying attention to both the
needs and peculiarities of the East and Southeast Anatolia, consisting
education, culture, drama, music programs and news with commercials.
- TRT-GAP’s transmissions are realized through the same channel with the
TRT-3 and TBMM TV (Turkish Grand National Assembly TV) on a time-share basis.
- TRT-GAP centre of broadcasting is The Ankara Television.
- Telegün provides general public with information on updated news, weather
forecast, sports, daily agenda, radio and television schedules, cultured &
arts events, travel destinations and economics to be retrieved at any time
from television sets through the teletext system.
- Telegün broadcasts include commercials and bulletins.
- Telegün’s teletext broadcasting is realized through the transmission
networks of TRT-1, TRT-2 and TRT-INT
- Telegün teletext centre of broadcasting is The Ankara Television.
TRT - Data-casting
- Data-casting is the broadcasting of data containing stock market and other
commercial and educational information gained from the agreements signed with
information sources over a digital area in horizontal black spaces (known as
the VBI, “vertical blanking intervals”) in TV transmissions.
- Data-casting uses the transmission network of TRT-1 and TRT-2 upon the
agreement made with state-run Anatolian Agency.
- Data-casting centre is The Ankara Television under the responsibility of
the Head of the News Department.
- TRT-INT aims to provide a continuance of the ties of
Turkish citizens living outside Turkey with Turkey and Turkish culture as well
as promoting Turkey and Turkish people’s image in every sphere, enhancing the
level of education and culture. The Channel is designed to act as a liaison
for Turkish citizens living abroad by helping them in various problems they
may face abroad; which is why, keeping them in touch with Turkish Republic
while, for a better integrity, trying to get them accustomed to the culture
they live in forms a significant task for TRT-INT.
- TRT-INT’s schedule contains education, culture, drama, entertainment,
music and sports programs and news with commercial breaks.
- News takes place every hour on TRT-INT and some programs and commercials
are being broadcast either in foreign languages or with subtitles when needed.
Besides, some types of programs listed in a certain order can be watched by
means of multi-language dubbing within DVB-S (digital) standards.
- TRT-INT transmissions cover both domestic and international areas via
satellite communication, of which Germany has the priority due to its dense
- TRT-INT centre of broadcasting is The Ankara Television.
TRT-TURK (The Turkic World)
- TRT-TURK’s task is enhance the understanding of the
possibilities Turkey and Turkic Republics may possess or take advantage of in
various fields through the programs aiming at the Caucasus and Central Asia.
The task is also promoting the image of Turkish people in a multi-dimensional
way. TRT-TURK has been intended to become the Turkic World’s common channel.
Within this framework, The Channel is planning to schedule programs produced
by other Turkic Republics along with joint-productions.
- TRT-TURK broadcast comprise education, culture, drama, entertainment,
music programs and news with commercial breaks. If required, commercials in
the indigenous languages of the countries are allowed within the scope of
- TRT-TURK covers all Central Asian territories of Turkic peoples through
- TRT-TURK broadcasting medium is modern Turkish spoken in Turkey. Programs
can be broadcast with the addition of subtitles in foreign languages or
different dialects of Turkish. Besides, various types of programs listed
systematically are being planned to be broadcast as reduplicated through the
multi-language dubbing technique within the framework of DVB-S standards.
- TRT-TURK centre of broadcasting is The Ankara Television.
TRT Children aims to be a domestic children’s channel which
will be the number one choice of Turkish children from all around the world,
with a high-quality, high-morality, modern, smiling, game-oriented content that
will be realized by its domestic and international producers, writers,
cartoonists, academicians and experts; who are all aware of the requirements of
broadcasting for the children of our age.
In order to achieve this goal, TRT
Chidren broadcasts democratising, dynamic, educative but non-deductic,
game-oriented programs for the age groups 3 to 14 with a high priority of
benefit and quality. The programs are of genres of animation, documentary, news,
interactive competition, entertainment, cinema, education-culture, arts and
TRT Children is broadcast through TRT-4’s UHF 54. channel for 14
hours between the hours of 07:00-21:00 (Turkish time)
Home of broadcast for
TRT Children is TRT Istanbul TV
TRT-6 (Family Channel)
TRT-6 is broadcasting with the goal of Turkey’s unity and
integrity, Turkey’s good international relationships especially with those in
its immediate vicinity, and achievement of contemporary norms, to spectators of
every age group, giving them both a sense of interactivity and trust.
broadcasts in a wide spectrum of genres; the content is comprised of children’s,
youth, women’s, health, economy, drama, documentary, history, nature, sports,
music, news, culture & arts, religion and entertainment programs. Being
informative and entertaining is the common feature of all of them.
one of the few countries to possess a rich variety of religions, languages, and
cultures. It also possesses the dynamics that would enable it to easily preserve
its integrity, thanks to its deep-rooted sense of togetherness which it has
acquired through the course of history. Carrying this rich spectrum of colors to
the screens is another goal of TRT-6.
Home of broadcasts : Ankara –
Multi-lingual Channel Coordination Office
H S.R. : 30000
FEC : 5/6
For more information:
Turkish Radio - Television Corporation Official Web Site